How to use Hinge without a phone number
- By Admin
The dating app Hinge was developed in 2012 to encourage deeper user connections. Hinge focuses on enabling users to share more about themselves and engage in conversations beyond superficial small talk, unlike other dating apps that only encourage users to swipe through photographs. Hinge brings together users with similar hobbies, friends, or social networks. This makes it simpler for consumers to identify someone they might connect with by giving them more knowledge about the individuals they are paired with. There are two ways to create an account on Hinge; Facebook or phone number.
Why should I not use Facebook for Hinge?
While signing up for Hinge using your Facebook account is possible, some users may opt not for various reasons. Here are a few reasons why you might not want to use Facebook to sign up with Hinge:
- Privacy issues: You grant Hinge access to your Facebook profile information, including your name, age, photographs, and interests, by signing up with Facebook. Some users might feel uneasy about granting an app access to their Facebook data, even though this information is used to help match you with potential mates.
- Inaccurate data: Hinge's information about you may be incorrect if you haven't updated your Facebook profile in a while. Your profile may become inaccurate or have mismatches as a result.
- Restricted alternatives: You might feel your options for joining Hinge are limited if you don't have a Facebook account. But, Hinge has increased the number of sign-up options available, including phone number verification, allowing you to use the app even if you don't have a Facebook account.
- Social media concerns: Some users might feel uneasy about connecting their dating app profiles to their social media accounts because they wish to keep their social media presence and online dating separate.
It is ultimately up to you to decide whether or not to utilize Facebook to join Hinge based on your interests and considerations. To protect your privacy and guarantee that your Hinge profile reflects your current information, it's vital to remember that additional sign-up choices are available, such as phone number verification.
Why should I not use my personal phone number for Hinge?
It can seem like the simplest and most practical solution to use your phone number for Hinge, but it's not necessarily the safest. Consider using SMSPool to provide SMS verifications for Hinge for the following reasons:
- Privacy: Using SMSPool for Hinge will help you retain your privacy and secure your personal information if you don't feel comfortable revealing your phone number to strangers.
- Security: Regrettably, scammers and catfishers may target dating applications. You can safeguard yourself from possible fraudsters attempting to use your personal information for unlawful reasons by utilizing SMSPool for Hinge.
- Ease of mind: Knowing that your personal and dating lives are kept separate can give you peace of mind if you use a different phone number for Hinge. This can be crucial if you work in a career or worry about blending your personal and professional lives.
Thankfully SMSPool is here to help you stay safe and get matches!
A step-by-step tutorial for creating a Hinge profile:
- Get the Hinge app from the Google Play Store or the App Store.
- Launch the app, select "Get Started" or "Continue with Facebook," and create a new account.
You will need your phone number or a Facebook account for this step. To protect your privacy the greatest, we advise phone verification. You can get a free Hinge SMS verification from SMSPool, but the paid phone numbers work best.
Getting a phone number for Hinge.
- Go to SMSPool.com, make an account, and locate the ‘Order’ button under the ‘Main’ category on the left-hand menu.
- The left table is where you order your phone number. Please select your desired phone number location; we will use a UK number for the tutorial. After this, underneath "Stock" look up Hinge. After selecting both, click ‘Quick Purchase’ at the bottom.
- After ordering your number, it should pop up under ‘Pending SMS’
- Enter the phone number on Hinge and click the arrow.
- After clicking the arrow, it should prompt you to enter a verification code. Looking back to SMSPool, the order status should say ‘Completed’ and under ‘Code’, the verification code for Hinge should be there.
- Enter the verification code on the Hinge app, and that should be it!
3. Provide basic information such as your name, age, and location.
4. Change your preferences and profile to make Hinge more unique to you.
5. If you want to offer more information about your likes and activities, link your Spotify or Instagram accounts to your Hinge profile.
6. Swipe to begin! Based on your tastes and geography, Hinge will present you with profiles of prospective matches. To initiate conversation, you can message someone you find interesting or like their profile.
That's all there is to it! These steps will help you develop a Hinge profile that highlights your personality and simplifies connections with other like-minded people, and also allows you the right to privacy.
Why didn’t I receive a Hinge SMS verification?
- If your device/IP is reported for creating too many accounts, try another device or IP.
- For spam, either the IP or you have been ghost banned.
- The phone number is unrelated to where you live; for instance, a Russian phone number is less likely to work in the US than a US phone number.
Hinge is a dating app that encourages users to share more about themselves and have in-depth conversations to help users develop lasting connections. Although using Facebook to sign up can give Hinge access to your data, other sign-up choices, like phone number verification, are available to preserve your privacy. Also, keeping your personal information separate from your dating profile is safe and secure when you use SMSPool to provide SMS verification for Hinge. Users may design a distinctive Hinge profile that reflects their personality and preferences by following the step-by-step guide, making connecting with like-minded people simpler. Good luck!
About the author
The owner of SMSPool.net, a site that originally started as a hobby but saw rapid expansion due to the high demand, loves anything technology related and loves writing about technology related articles.